GB's number one asset is its employees. Come and get to know Josephine Landes.
1. What’s your current title? Senior Resolution Manager
2.You have recently been recognized by our captive members for your excellent service on those accounts. Why are you a good fit for that industry? I’ve been in claims for a little over 20 years now and have worked with many different types of employers. I love the variety the captive brings and that the members have an interest in having good outcomes for their claims.
3. What advice would you give to a new resolution manager? Get to know your clients and don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. It’s a lot easier to do a thorough investigation if you understand the events surrounding the incident. Remember that the first 24 hours in a claim are critical for obtaining information and sometimes you have to be persistent and creative to get the information you are looking for.
4. If you could have dinner with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be? My grandma. She passed away before I had children, and I wish that she could have met them. I also would like to ask her for her meatball recipe. I’ve gone through all of her cookbooks, and I’ve never been able to make them as good as hers were.
5. What’s a favorite hobby or pastime? I have 3 kids (boy/girl twins who are 13 years old and a 4 year old daughter) so I spend a lot of time helping them with their activities. One of my twins is going to compete in a History Bee so I’ve recently been learning some new things about history too.
6. What are you currently watching on Netflix? I’m at that stage in life where I don’t get to watch a lot of grown up shows, but my 4 year old and I would highly recommend the Netflix series “Super Monsters.”
7. What one word guides you? Resolve. It has two meanings. The first is that everything has a solution. With claims, we always have to find a resolution even if isn’t the one we initially hoped for. The second is that I try to always have determination and act with purpose.
Connect on LinkedIn.